The Due Diligence workshop is for practicing consultants, PE/VC Community,CXOs and Startups who deal with all aspects of preparation for Mergers and Acquisitions and PE/VC Deals. Participants will gain knowledge and understanding of the essential areas to be covered when carrying out due diligence: both from the Acquiring and the Target company. The seminar includes essential areas of information which must be obtained or disclosed as well as dealing with the most efficient methods of dealing with these disclosures. Remedies, safeguards, protection of the client for both sides in the transaction, will be included to cover all due diligence aspects of M & A including cross-border transactions. The seminar actively involves the participants in exercises and discussions, to ensure they gain a solid working understanding of the principles and practices of thorough due diligence projects, protecting their clients and achieving the aims of the transaction The workshop will be delivered by an experienced experts used to the multicultural, international flavour of modern business. The practical methods of dealing with due diligence will be covered and practiced in exercises during numerous breakout sessions.
• Corporate/Commercial Lawyers
• VPs and Managers from Legal Department
• Managing Directors and Senior Management
• CFOs and Senior Finance Executive
• Executives of M&A Team
• Directors of Strategic Planning
• Contract Managers/Specialists
• Recognise the essential areas of information needed to be covered
• Avoid basic errors which invalidate contracts or cause confusion later
• Understand the importance and characteristics of thorough due diligence
• Be able to comment effectively and sensibly on other lawyers’ requests and replies
• Approach the due diligence exercise with increased confidence
• Use clear specific words and phrases to set out requirements
• Write clearer, fuller, more structured due diligence reports
Samir Seth - Due Diligence Partner, BDO India
Samir is a Partner & Head with the Deal Advisory Services. He has 22 years of professional experience primarily in business advisory and transaction service assignments. He has provided services across the deal continuum, though mainly focused on due diligence reviews.
Prior to BDO in India, Samir was a partner with one of the larger accounting firm for 6 years. He has significant experience in cross border deals and has worked in Canada for 2 years.
Samir has served both financial and strategic buyers and has demonstrated an in depth understanding of the keys to successfully serve the sophisticated requirements of financial and strategic buyers. Having worked across a range of sectors and transactions with values ranging from $2 million to $2 billion, he brings on board significant experience in terms of nature and complexity of transaction & diligences. Samir has carried out 700+ due diligences to date.
Uday Ved - Tax Partner , KNAV
Experienced Tax Accountant with a demonstrated history of working in the accounting industry. Skilled in Transfer Pricing, Taxations, International Tax, Tax Law, and Accounting. Strong accounting professional with a FCA focused in Taxation & Accounts from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Dinesh Moudgil - Partner , E&Y India
Dinesh Moudgil has Over 10 years of experience in the area of business intelligence. He has Led thousands of background investigations on potential customers, third party intermediaries and business partners including agents, suppliers and distributors on behalf of clients across a range of industries as part of anti-corruption reviews and investigations in various parts of the world. He has alsp led numerous integrity due diligence assignments on acquisition and investment targets on behalf of private equity firms, investment banks and corporations in India as well as other countries in the South Asia.
Karan Kalra - Partner, NDA
Karan is a leader in the M&A and Private Equity practices at Nishith Desai Associates. He also co-heads the firm’s banking and financial services industry. Karan focuses largely on domestic and cross border M&As, private equity transactions and structured finance along with providing regulatory and general corporate advice across sectors. Prior to joining Nishith Desai Associa tes, Karan has experience working with one of the largest private banks in India. Karan completed his LL.B. from Symbiosis Law School, Pune and has also pursued an LL.M. from Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, USA. He is eligible to practice l aw both in India and New York, USA.
• What is Due Diligence?
• Main Elements of Due Diligence
• Aligning Priorities to main risks
• Due diligence investigation areas
• Due Diligence vs. Audit
• What is Financial Due Diligence?
• Need of Financial Due Diligence
• Types of Financial Due Diligence
• Process & Key Benefits
• Focus Areas
• Why is it necessary & important?
• Process & Various steps involved
• Legal Due Diligence Challenges & its Resolutions
• Practical Insight
‐ Mock Diligence
‐ Case Studies
‐ Questions & Answers
• Importance of Tax Due Diligence
• Approach to be adopted
• Typical Issues & Solutions
• Impact on Transactions
• Case study
• Anti Bribery & Corruption Due Diligence
• Ethics and Integrity Due Diligence
• Forensic review of books and transactions
• End use monitoring of funds and investigations